01 May 2011

30 Day Film Challenge: Day 26 - Your Favorite Foreign Language Film

I have chosen Das Boot.  Now, I almost chose this as my favorite documentary as well because, well, I consider it to be a documentary in addition to a fine action film.  Based on the book of the same name, this movie follows the patrol of a German U-Boat towards the end of WWII.  Oh, BTW, this all actually happened.  The book it was based on was written by a German war correspondent who served on the U-Boat this movie is about.

Fun fact about filming, a little movie called Raiders of the Lost Ark was filming nearby and borrowed the exterior model for the scene where Indy jumps onto a U-Boat.

Regardless, this is a movie that all should see.  I'm not saying you need to go out and get the original 6 hour miniseries, but I highly recommend any version of this movie to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment