02 January 2011

Tron: Legacy (2010)

This is by far, one of the most beautiful movies I have ever had the pleasure of watching.  It left me speechless.

I've never watched TRON.  Does that mean I have to turn in my geek card?  Maybe.  But this is not a movie where one had to watch the original to fully enjoy the sequel.  There is enough exposition in the beginning of the movie to make the plot understandable.  And exposition is where parts of the film fall apart.  Towards the end, the movie gets a bit wordy, but the final battle makes up for it.

I was expecting more battle scenes.  Once Sam Flynn made it to the Grid,  they got disc and light cycle battles out of the way rather quickly.  Which was VERY disappointing.  I thought the light cycle battle was AMAZING.  But way too short.

The music was excellent.  Not a tune out of place.  Even 'Separate Ways' and 'Sweet Dreams' fit in the places they are used.

That's all I've got.  I tried to write a longer review.  But this movie is beyond description.  As much as I like it, I don't think it would be the same movie in 2D, hence no future viewing of it for me.  And I'm OK with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment