03 January 2011

Black Swan (2010)

So, I went to see Black Swan.  My wife wanted to see it, and lets be honest, shes gone to plenty of movies I've chosen, so it was only fair.  And I was mildly interested in the film.  Looked interesting, I've always been a fan of Natalie Portman.  So I was expecting to enjoy it on a moderate level.

This movie was WEIRD.  Not that it was bad, but the execution of the movie was weird.  I know I'll be repeating myself, but I can't think of any other way to describe it.  I really did not find it to be a bad movie per se, but something about it.... I can't describe it.  I was never sold on the plot. I had a solution to the key issue of the movie about 20 min in.  It was a case of if the characters thought for a moment, there would have been no conflict, and hence no movie.

And then, finally it all made sense.  Its directed by Darren Aronofsky.  You know, they guy who made Pi.  The film that ends with the main character drilling a hole in his head.  I'm 0-2 on his films.  I want to see The Wrestler, but now I'm a bit leery about doing so.

I dunno, my wife liked it.  But then again, she wanted to see Swimfan.

No comments:

Post a Comment