27 January 2011

A Commentary on Badass TV One-Liners, Part 2

The Most Badass TV One-Liners - UGO.com

34 - Darkwing Duck (), Drake Mallard: 'Let's get Dangerous!'
I remember watching this oh so many years ago, when I was younger.  And I loved it.  Thanks to the miracle of DVD I will one day be able to share this series with my son, and in the process re-discover a gem of my childhood.  Ahh the joys of being a parent.


32 - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (Second Skin), Elim Garak: 'A pity. I quite liked him'
Garak.  The most bad ass tailor you will ever see.  Garak is a subject for a post all his own.  Now, there are many lines that could have been chose for Garak.  I point you to the episode 'In The Pale Moonlight' for a whole episode's worth.  He's cold, ruthless and calculating.  And that's if you are a friend.  If you are an enemy, watch out.


31 - LOST (LA X), Locke (Flock): 'I'm sorry you had to see me like that."
Locke wrecks shit.  Suspicions confirmed.  Awesome commenced.  I need say no more.


28 - Buffy (), Rupert Giles: 'I'd like to test that theory'
By this point in Buffy, I had been hooked hardcore.  Evil Willow was wrecking shit.  Giles had been off being Giles.  So we come to Evil Willow trashing the magic store Anya worked at.  I'm fairly certain right before Giles uttered the above line Willow said something along the lines of 'Kneel before Zod!', but I could be wrong.  Giles walks in, cut to black, and in the next episode we find out what Giles has been doing....learning some serious kung-fu.


And speaking of Evil Willow...


19 - Buffy (), Evil Willow: 'Bored now'
Let's review.  Willow's love gets killed.  Willow goes bat shit evil.  Upon catching he who killed her love, Evil Willow skins her target alive.  Chuck Norris ducked his head in respect for that move.


17 - Star Trek: The Next Generation (The Best of Both Worlds, Part 1), Locutus of Borg: 'I am Locutus of Borg.  Resistance is futile.  Your life, as it has been, is over.'
Ya, talk about your bad ass lines.  Your Capitan (with ALL the secret plans to destroy the Borg) is captured by said Borg.  He is then made part of the collective and sent to taunt you.  I don't know about you, but I would have given up right then and there.


6 - Chuck (), Chuck Bartowski: 'Guys, I know kung fu.'
Spoken as he finished updating himself to Intersect 2.0, Chuck can now fight upon command.  This line is spoiled by a later episode (after he loses then regains the Intersect) he says 'Guys, I know kung fu...again.'  Lazy writing.


And speaking of lazy writing...


1 - Every Horatio Caine line ever.
No.  Horatio Caine needs to stop speaking.  None of his lines are bad ass.  CSI Miami just needs to go away.


Now, I know I skipped some I should have added, but I felt I would have gotten repetative.  I was glad to see several Star Trek lines, along with Firefly.  But, we could have added some lines by Jayne from Firefly.


In the end, bad ass lines are all subjective.  It all depends on your inner bad ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment