10 February 2011

Peter Davison Doctor Who - The Five Doctors (1983)

A new entry in my quest to immerse myself in the world of Doctor Who, and I chose to watch 'The Five Doctors'.  This is a tale that brings together (in theory) the First through Fifth Doctor.  In reality, we have Doctors 1-3 and 5.  But mostly we see 1-3.  So really, it should have been called The Three Doctors.

Now on the interwebs I have seen some wildly varied thoughts on this episode.  I'm gonna have to say that I kinda liked it.  Now, weather or not choosing this as my second foray into Whodom was wise choice I don't know.  One of the things that bugged me was the severe shortage of Tom Baker.  After 'Robot', I really took to him.

One thing I really liked about it was it gave me exposure to other Doctor's.  Seeing the 1st-3rd in once place too helped me decide which (if any) of their series I would watch.  I also like the over the top 80s... cheese of it.  After watching it, I think I will go back, and watch some of the 1st and 3rd Doctors.  So while the story was a bit lacking, I enjoyed seeing early Doctors, along with their companions and enemies.  For the record, Cybermen were a little badass, Daleks, not so much.  But, as with all things that may change the deeper I get into the universe of Doctor Who.

No comments:

Post a Comment