24 March 2011

X-Men (2000)

Cyclops: Well, what would you prefer? Yellow spandex?


Going into this movie, oh, 11 or so years ago, I knew very little about X-Men other than names of the characters and their powers.  So, I went into this movie with no expectations other than to be entertained.  And I was not disappointed.  This is a great super hero movie.  One of my favorites.


Plot here is simple.  Magneto wants to take over the world, and Professor X is going to stop him.  In the process of this occurring, we are introduced to some of the bigger X-Men and villains.  Cyclops.  Wolverine.  Rouge.  Mystique.  Storm. Toad.


One of the things I forgot about this movie was how well it set up for X2.  One of the cleanest endings to any movie with a predictable sequel.  Not much to review here, just a simple super hero action movie.


I give it 8/13 X-Men

No comments:

Post a Comment