27 October 2010

Remakes Everywhere Part 3

I'll get to the point:  part 3 of my remakes everywhere thoughts.  We continue...

50 Upcoming Remakes


Also, here is a refresher on my abbreviations:
NN - Not Needed
NS - Never Saw the original
NP - Make it Now Please


14. Judge Dredd - NP/NN  I love the original.  One of those early to mid 90s fun, silly action movies.  Recently have I heard that it was A) Based on a comic and B)Not done very well.  As to weather or not it needs to be remade?  Sure, why not.  If it really deviated from the original, then give it another go.  But there are plenty of other comic properties that could be made.  I'm looking at you Wade Wilson aka Deadpool.


15.Overboard - NS


16. Porky's - NS  With the return of the 'R' rated comedies, I could see this series beginning anew.


17. Short Circuit - NS  But I thought they already re-made this, animated it and called it Wally.


18. The Warriors - NS  I think this could work as a remake.  Having never seen the original I can't say for certain if  a remake is different, but it could would be interesting.


19. The Blob - NS/NN  I've never seen the original but this is one of those that I think works better with the FX of the day.


20. All Quiet On The Western Front NS/NP  I am tired of WWII and Vietnam movies/games.  There are other periods of history that need exploring, and none more important that WWI.  I say get a certain 'Saving Private Ryan' director to direct and you've got a hella movie right there.  Daniel Radcliff starring though?  That could be the hitch.


21. Barbarella - NS


22. The Black Hole - NS


23. Mad Max - NN ( I think )  I'm very meh about this.  Having watched all three, they are not really all that great.  For what they are, they are great, but I think that depends on your opinion of Mel Gibson.   Low budget, post apocalyptic fare is fine.  But remakes?  I don't know, I think the jury will be out on this one for a bit.


24. Westworld - NS/NN  I say not needed just based on the description from the website (despite the fact that Chrichton had a hand in the original) it just sounds not interesting.


25. The Never Ending Story - NS  But really, could it be called The Never Ending Story and not have more movies being made?

2 comments:

  1. 1. It's Wall-E. ;-)
    2. HOW HAVE YOU NEVER SEEN THE NEVER ENDING STORY?!?!?! The original one was great, and I know they made at least one more (which wasn't as good as the original). I'm giving it an NN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be fair, I could have seen it at some point. I just don't have a clear memory of it.

    And thanks for the spelling correction. :-)

    ReplyDelete