25 August 2011

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1989)

What does God need with a starship?  No, really, what does He need with one?  Well, Shatner decided that we needed to find out.


But I'm getting a head of myself.


Star Trek V is probably the least liked Star Trek film known to man.  Let's review some of its.... finer points.


-Spock has a half brother
-We look for God
-Planet of Galactic Peace
-Spock's half brother
-Camping




Ok, so not terrible.  Well, if you remove the main plot (Spock's brother Sybok wants to find God) its a great movie.  We see the crew enjoying some shore leave, the Enterprise in less than working condition.  A jaunt through the galaxy.  Oh, and Klingons.  Because we can't have a Star Trek movie without Klingons in some form or another.


Sigh.  I dunno.  This is another case of I liked the movie better when I was younger.  I can see the flaws in it from a mile away.  Its a weak point in the series to be sure.  But a fun watch for kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment