28 November 2010

Movie and TV News # 1

This will be a series of posts commenting on various pieces of interesting movie and TV news that I glean from the interwebs.  The first one is short and sweet.

Daniel Day-Lewis to play Abe Lincoln

Spielberg has long been rumored to be working on a biopic of Abe Lincoln.  At one point, Liam Neeson was rumored to play the 16th President.  Apparently, that has changed.  I was excited about Mr. Neeson playing President Lincoln, but I am ECSTATIC about Mr. Day-Lewis playing him instead.  Mr. Day-Lewis is known as a method actor, one who stays in character even when not filming.  I have yet to see a bad movie with Mr. Day-Lewis, so I think this is definitely one to watch.

Wild Wild West Coming back to TV

Yes, before the Will Smith movie, there was a TV show called Wild Wild West.  I've seen only one episode of it, but I loved it.  For those of you who don't know, its about a US Marshall and his gadget creating sidekick solving the mysteries of the Old West.  I am VERY excited about this, and if they can pull it off as well as the Hawaii 5-0 reboot has been done, this is another must watch.

2 comments:

  1. I think Liam has a more Lincoln look to him although Lewis will do a hell of a job. Daniel Day Lewis is the best there is for historical movies with a guy who yells a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about Liam having the Lincoln look. I'm worried that Daniel Day Lewis will overplay the part, but I think with Spielberg as director it will all work out in the end.

    ReplyDelete