23 January 2014

The Night of the Doctor



So just the other day, I was lamenting how Paul McGann had only one shot as the Doctor.

And then the 50th came along.

Now, I had been hearing that Paul McGann wanted to be involved.  Heck all the Doctor's wanted to be involved from what I understand.  But it was looking like none would be involved other than Tennant.

And then a little webisode blew up the internet.  Paul McGann was indeed back as the Eighth Doctor.

And what a return.  In just eight or so minutes (I see what they did there), McGann got to come back and show his regeneration into the War Doctor.  Which was pretty cool.

This little webisode did have once of my favorite quotes from Doctor Who:

Cass: Where are we going?
The Doctor: Back of the ship.
Cass: Why?
The Doctor: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.  <-- font="" here.="" line="" right="" this="">

I would like to see more of the Time War with the Eighth Doctor.  Why was there so much hate for the Time Lords?  What has the Doctor been up to?  Maybe someday we will get more.

I liked this.  It was a pleasant surprise, and added to the saga of the 50th.

No comments:

Post a Comment