31 December 2012

Big Trouble In Little China (1986)

To the Summary!
Jack Burton cracks one liners as he gets involved in some sort of super natural battle.  +Jason Hawk of Atomic Trivia War 9000 claims its the best Christmas movie ever.

To the Cast!
Kurt Russell - Jack Burton
Kim Catrall - Gracie Law
Dennis Dun - Wang Chi
James Hong - David Lo Pan
Victor Wong - Egg Shen
Kate Burton - Margo
Donald Li - Eddie Lee

To the Deeper Thoughts!
So, one of the fine podcasts I listen to Atomic Trivia War 9000, has several fine hosts.  Two of them +Jason Hawk and +Kevin Archibald along with +Ro Karen of Starbase 66 suggested that I watch this film as they felt it was required viewing.

So I viewed it.

While it was not quite the greatest Christmas movie ever (that honor goes to Die Hard), it was definitely entertaining.  One trouble I had was I kept trying to insert quotes from the greatest Kurt Russell movie ever.  (Hint: Tombstone).  Distracting, but not nearly as much as seeing Kim Catrall play a lawer named Gracie Law.  A lawyer, with the last name of Law.  The facepalms were loud.

All kidding aside, I liked this movie.  It was a bit of 80s cheese.  Not too sharp, or not too soft, but aged just  right.  Quite possibly something I will add to my collection one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment