19 September 2011

I did a 5K (and then some!)

So I crossed off the number one thing on my to do list.  Run a 5K.  The race I took part in was the Hammerfest Sprint-Triathlon  Now, as the phrase 'tri' indicates, there are three parts.  A swim, a bike and a run.  Well, I just focused on the run, which was a little under 4 miles, but more that the 3.1 for the 5K requirement.  It was shortened due to remaining damage from Tropical Storm Irene.


So, my Dad did the swim (.5 mile) and the bike (14 mile)  Our team total was just under two hours.  Not bad, I'd say.  My run time was about 45 minutes, which is right on the pace I've been keeping while practicing for this race.


The dynamic duo

Transition

Crossing the finish

2 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to comment on this for awhile. Nice work Zupka! How do you feel? Did you get the bug for more races?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel great! I just looked at it as another Sunday morning run. I do have to bug for more races. Going to aim for a 10k next summer, and possibly doing both the bike and the run for this event next year.

    ReplyDelete