20 September 2011

2011 TV Season - The New Shows

The 2011 TV season approaches.  Here are the new shows that I will be checking out.


Person of Interest (CBS) 
Starring Michael Emerson (LOST) and Jim Caviezel (Passion of the Christ), and based on a screen play by JJ Abrams.  Emerson plays a super rich guy who found a way to find people connected to crimes.  He hires Jim Caviezel to help him out.  It looks pretty interesting.  I like the Minority Report basis of this show.  And, given that I'll watch Michael Emerson read the phone book, I'm sold right there.  Starts 22 Sep 11 at 10:00 PM on CBS


Terra Nova (FOX)
Time travel to the time of the dinos?  Sold, I'm in.  Don't recognize any of the actors, other than Stephen Lang (Gettysburg, Gods and Generals. Oh, and Avatar)  But the plot about sending people back in time for some reason is good enough for me to check out.  Starts 26 SEPT 11 at 8:00 on FOX




Once Upon a Time (ABC)
Based on fairy tales, and set in modern day Maine, this stars Jennifer Morrison (House, Kirk's Mom) as a bail bond collector whose son convinces her to help him save the Enchanted Forrest.  Also starts Robert Carlyle as Rumpelstiltskin .  Not sure how this will go, as its on Sunday's on ABC.  So either pleasantly dark, or a bit family friendly silly.  I hope for a bit of both.  Check it out starting October 23 on ABC at 8:00 PM.





Hell on Wheels (AMC)
A series based on the construction of the Transcontinental Railroad and a former Confederate soldier who seeks vengeance?  YES PLEASE!  Oh, extra salsa on this awesome omelet?  Chief O'Brien Colm Meaney stars as well.  The Old West is a big area of interest of mine, and to see a new show based in that time is quite exciting.  I can't wait to see it.  On AMC starting November 6.






So there you have it.  The new shows I will be checking out.  Stay tuned for a review of this shows as they premier, and a similar post to returning shows that I will be viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment