05 October 2012

Farscape: Season One



Well, I just finished the first season of Farscape.  I was...underwhelmed to begin with.  It was not really until the last three or four episodes where the series picked up for me.

Farscape tells the story of John Chriton, an astronaut that is shot across the galaxy when his prototype ship hits a black hole.  There he joins up with a crew of escaped prisoners as they try to find their way home.

I found the first season to be... uneven at best.  I thought the puppet work was great, and the special effects good as well.  I'm not sure why I'm so ambivalent to it.  I didn't dislike it to the point that I won't watch the rest, but it did not grab me quite like I thought it would.

Well, onto season two.  That's where I hear it really gets going.

No comments:

Post a Comment