26 March 2012

Cowboys & Aliens (2011)

Daniel Craig!  Harrison Ford! Clancy Brown!  Keith Carradine!  Directed by John Favreau!  What's not to like about this movie!


Cowboys and Aliens tells the story of a loner (Craig) who awakens with a futuristic piece of tech on his wrist.  Kinda cool looking.  Loner wanders into the town of Absolution where Colonel Dolarhyde (Ford) runs the town.  Loner (who from now on shall be known as Jake Lonergan (cause that's who he is we find out)) butts heads with pretty much the whole town and is thrown into jail.


This is when the aliens attack.


As the townspeople freak out about what is happening, Lonergan steps up points his wrist at the alien ships and that think on his wrist?  Just so happens to be a weapon.  Score one for the humans!  People are taken, so Dolarhyde and Lonergan team up and set off with a posse to get their people back.


You may have noticed that to this point I neglected to mention the female lead in this film, Olivia Wilde.  She plays Ella, who knows more than shes letting on.  Could not tell that from her acting though.  She was probably the weakest link in the film.  I know a lot of people think she great, but ever since I've seen her on House, its always been a feeling of meh that I get when I see her.


I liked this.  Other than Wilde it was a fun and entertaining movie.  I'm always a huge fan of Westerns and sci-fi, so to see them mixed together like this excited me.  Its not the greatest piece of film ever produced, but its good for a watch or two.


I give it 9/13.
328/1280 on my Flickchart list (24MAR12)

No comments:

Post a Comment