31 January 2012

The Chronicles of Narnia

The Chronicles of Narnia.  The beloved fantasy series, with many fans.


Except me.


Now, don't get me wrong.  There were some I enjoyed more than others.  Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader were probably my favorites.  But as for the over all arc... meh.  In talking with my wife I think its because of my age.  Without a doubt I came to this way older than the target audience.  The Last Battle's message was a bit... heavy handed I thought and that took away from the book.  Is it a great intro into the world of fantasy?  Yes.  Is it for somebody like me, at my age?  No; or at least I don't think so.  I wanted to like the series more.  I don't deny its place in the pantheon of important fantasy books.  I just think its something best read at a younger age.

No comments:

Post a Comment