04 June 2011

The Town (2010)

Doug MacRay: No matter how much you change, you still have to pay the price for the things you've done.  So I got a long road.  But I know I'll see you again - this side or the other.


Directed by and starring Ben Affleck, The Town tells the story  of a group of friends in Charlestown, MA who turn to bank robbery for some cash.  And they are pretty good at it.  That is until Doug MacRay (Affleck) falls for the manager at one of their heists.  The FBI comes calling (in the form of Jon Hamm and The Man In Black Titus Welliver)  Soon we learn that Pete Postlewaite is in charge of their little band, and sends them on one last heist (Fenway Park, no less).  Well, that gets screwed up and leads to a pretty good gun fight.


I really enjoyed this movie.  Affleck is quickly becoming one of my favorite directors.  Especially when he shoots in Boston.  He catches the moods and areas expertly.  Story was well written, and very tight.


I give this 9/11 Boston landmarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment